Monday, March 14, 2011

Blue Sky Thinking

Most posts in this blog start with a photograph (I don't mean it comes first, I mean I took the photo and thought ahhh....). This is no different, except I do not remember taking it.


I think the camera was set to 'continuous while shutter pressed' and I forgot to let go and caught a bit of the sky. The camera has tried to make sense of it and over exposed it resulting in a washed out palour.

It was bluer than that in real life. This is what it looked like when taking the previous picture of these two golden boys.


It is a Memorial to The Great War (1914 - 1918) WWII (1939 - 1945) and the North African Campaign (1952-1962) and takes centre stage in a small village.


They lost 24 men in the 14-18 war but are more reticent with numbers for the other two conflicts.


Fade out to ELO's Mr Blue Sky (please turn me over...)

No comments:

Post a Comment