Friday, December 10, 2010

The Office

I have an office at the event site.


There is a picture of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos on the outside. It is generally accepted that modern Oman began when he took over 40 years ago - a new broom as it were. This is not to be confused with the used broom in the photo.



I share the office with a couple of Pyromasters. I haven't seen them yet as they don't seem to want to come out of their boxes.


The air con does not work but there is a BIG ceiling fan to blow my paperwork around and keep things interesting.


Yesterday there were five switches to turn on two lights. Then none of the switches did anything and it was so dark I went back to the hotel. Today the lights only have one switch each and there are now five switches that do nothing - it is very exciting, I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.



But even when the lights are on it is still a bit gloomy. Fortunately I have a window through which I can see the stage being built and probably receive mail.


I can also see armed guards relaxing in the sun.


So there are two resons I cannot use it to escape.

Although I am the only one here I sometimes get the feeling I am being watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment